Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Social Networkinghttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

I joined the Classroom 2.0 network at http://www.classroom20.com/profile/cjronnander and found it interesting that it circles around into the other items we are doing, i.e. it has a link to a Diigo group wiki about education. I also like the discussions that some many teachers of English are wanting to have about high interest, high quality, newly published books. It is really nice to connect with someone of a like mind. :)

The other social network I connected to was Knit Picks at http://knitpicks.ning.com/page. I found this quite funny, as it wasn't until after I had signed up for the network that I realized a couple other classmates had, as well. I guess great minds think a like. It did make me wonder, though, why some networks were more popular than others, which I believe has a lot to do with how complete and current the material is. I found a network for my church as well, but since my minister is the only member, it didn't seem like the best option for me at this time. It also didn't have anything new and interesting in it - I'm sure it is waiting for my insight. :) Actually, I found a great deal of networks on topics I might be interested in, but no follow through after the initial set up.

No comments: